NIGHTRIDER™ LIVERPOOL 2017
15/16 JULY 2017
Nightrider Liverpool is back for 2017! The iconic charity night ride is the perfect backdrop for the best night out in Liverpool and the Wirral. It is a fun and quirky way to explore the Merseyside's top sights, latest attractions and famous landmarks.
This is a one-day charity ride with a difference...it’s at night! Nightrider is all about getting together with your friends, family or work colleagues and taking on a challenge together in a entertaining way. This is not a timed ride, it’s not a sportive, it’s all about having a good time together, seeing the sights and raising funds.
The action-packed event includes all the city's iconic landmarks and legendary musical heritage. The first 50km loop is through the Mersey Tunnel, which will be closed to other traffic for the event, to the Wirral Peninsula. Highlights include the Royal Liverpool Golf Club, West Kirby and Port Sunlight, plus there are spectacular views back over the city centre. Loop 2 takes in more world-famous landmarks: Liverpool's historic waterfront, Albert Dock, Echo Arena, Cavern Club, Empire Theatre, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Knotty Ash, Anfield Stadium (Liverpool FC) and Goodison Park (Everton FC). NEW for 2017 – a 50km route option. You choose to do either the Wirral loop or the Liverpool loop. Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past many of the sights in Liverpool in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS route will also be released.
- Choice of routes – 50km or 100km
- Amazing atmosphere with some 100s of cyclists on the night raising funds.
- Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
- Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Tours who have over 24 years experience of challenge events.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic as Liverpool’s roads are busy even at night. The route is mainly on quieter roads, however it does take in some of the busier spots which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
- This event is not a race and not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
- You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event - it is a challenge and you will cycle 100km / 50km at night. This event is not suitable for beginners. Training guidelines will be provided.
How to Register
Woodlands Hospice has secured a limited number of Charity Places for Nightrider and we’d love you to join us! You need to pay a £39 registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum sponsorship for Woodlands Hospice Charitable Trust.
Take a Woodlands charity slot and receive a free set of Winglights from Nightrider sponsor CYCL on the night. These are unique LED direction indicators that attach to the end of handlebars worth £25 - £30
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To register and join our team of Nightriders go to https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=40076153&ptid=40678001&ptn=T-01F1FTL9
Full terms and conditions of Nightrider can be found here.