Although there have been no cases of coronavirus identified at Woodlands Hospice and the charity continues to function normally, a number of measures have been put in place to minimise risk to our patients, visitors, volunteers and staff.
On entering Woodlands Hospice you will now need to:
- Use the alcohol hand gels provided at reception on arrival and those located throughout the hospice during your visit
- Tell our receptionists if you have recently visited any of these countries.
This information will be reviewed and updates published each day so check for the latest details.
For more, please check the NHS webpage on coronavirus which includes:
- Symptoms to look out for
- How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- How to check if you need medical help
- How to self-isolate, if you’re asked to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.
Regarding travel, the Government has identified a number of designated areas available here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public. This list is updated as new areas become designated, so do check this page before and after you travel.
For the majority of people the risk from coronavirus is low but it is important that we all play our part in protecting our patients, families and those around us.