Hospice shop volunteers
Volunteer Shop Workers are part of a valued team who work at Woodlands Hospice Charity Shops raising vital funds for our hospice.
Key tasks within the shops
- to receive and sort donated goods
- to prepare and display donated goods
- to serve customers
- to operate the till
- to assist with cashing up
- to arrange window displays
- to keep the shop tidy and clean
- to maintain awareness of Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) issues in the shop
Skills and Qualities required
- good communication skills
- be honest and reliable
- understand and adhere to the Hospice’s confidentiality policy
- be able to work as part of the Hospice team
Support and Supervision
Shop volunteers report to the Shop Manager and/or Retail Area Manager and are supported by the Volunteer Manager.
Volunteers will undergo initial induction training and ongoing specifc training in the role.
- Old Swan Monday - Saturday AM and PM shifts available
- Kirkby Monday - Saturday AM and PM shifts available
- Moss Lane Tuesdays AM shifts available
- Broadway Saturdays AM shifts available
In return for your time we can offer you new experiences, the chance to improve your CV, to meet new people, to provide structure and routine to your free time and to know that you're making a real difference to lives of Woodlands Hospice patients and their loved ones.
are you interested?